Are You Ready to Avoid the 5G Struggle?
The age of 5G is truly upon us, with announcements of 5G pilots and rollouts occurring almost daily. It’s at the center of carrier planning and investment strategies for the 2020s, and its virtues are well known: the lightning-fast speeds, ground-breaking low latency and impressive capacity. The question is: are CSPs prepared to capitalize on 5G?
The possibilities are seemingly endless. Today, we are already seeing some consumer services that involve 5G, such as augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR) and cloud-based gaming. Soon, we will see more IoT connections, involving connected vehicles and smart cities. It’s estimated that the total number of 5G connections will hit 1.4 billion by 2025, representing 15 percent of all global connections. There are thousands of use cases that will be developed in the coming years, but the potential of the 5G age will be hampered until CSPs are operationally prepared.
CSPs will need the right systems in place to fully take advantage of everything 5G has to offer. An IDC report forecasts that by 2023, 80 percent of CSPs will struggle in making 5G-based services work as advertised. Software systems and business processes will need to be updated to match the speed, capacity and agility of real-time charging, customer self-service and monetization to that needed by 5G services. To be operationally prepared for 5G, CSPs need an agile platform that can quickly adapt to changes driven by technology evolution, consumer behavior and market factors.
Enter CSG Ascendon.
Ascendon is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) cloud-native platform, designed to provide a scalable solution for the changing 5G landscape. As new use cases are developed and customer expectations heighten, Ascendon offers an agile, operationally ready platform for 5G monetization and customer experience.
With Ascendon, CSPs can:
- Bundle traditional and digital services—An API-driven catalog enables integration with external catalogs and other business management solutions
- Create personalized customer service offerings—Create an exceptional customer experience through cross-channel insights from user history, preferences and patterns
- Offer multiple payment methods—Process any payment from any device, including prepaid, credit cards, gift cards, in-app purchasing, loyalty programs and third-party digital wallets
- Support an omnichannel purchase experience—Customers can make purchases through mobile, web, store, portal or agent and receive a personalized experience based on their buying history
- Facilitate complex partner relationships—Simplify the complex ecosystem of services and products from third parties across the digital services marketplace
- Meet new demands– Make changes quickly and simply through business configuration, not lengthy IT projects
To date, over 20 CSPs and digital media leaders are leveraging the power of CSG Ascendon. Are you ready for all that 5G has to offer? Read the IDC market note to learn more.