Last updated: May 2018
What does this Privacy Notice cover?
CSG Systems International, Inc. respects your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains who we are, how we collect, share and use personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights. This Privacy Notice covers CSG Systems International, Inc. and its corporate affiliates and subsidiaries, including CSG Systems, Inc., CSG Interactive Messaging, Inc., CSG Media, LLC and Intec Billing, Inc. (collectively, “CSG” or “We”). For a full list of our global operating companies, please click here. This Privacy Notice only applies to personal information that we collect through our website at csgi.com (“Website”), from you at sales or promotional events or from third parties for marketing purposes. If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
We recommend that you read this Privacy Notice in full to ensure you are fully informed. However, if you only want to access a particular section of this Privacy Notice, then you can click on the relevant link below to jump to that section.
Data protection has always been a fundamental priority at CSG and safeguarding the personal information entrusted to us on behalf of our customers and employees is at the core of what we do.
What does CSG do?
CSG is a leading business support solutions provider and trusted partner, offering business support solutions, revenue management, customer experience and digital monetization solutions. CSG is headquartered in the United States but has subsidiaries throughout the world. For more information about CSG Systems International, Inc., please see the “About CSG” section of this Website.
What personal information does CSG collect?
Personal information means information that identifies you or allows us to contact you, like your name or email address. The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
- Information that you provide voluntarily
Certain parts of our Website may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily: for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details in order to subscribe to marketing communications from us, and/or to submit inquiries to us. We may also ask you to provide feedback or a testimonial which we may display on our website or in other promotional materials, with your agreement. The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
- Information that we collect automatically
When you visit our Website, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Union and/or European Economic Area (“EU/EEA”), this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, geographic location, and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further in our upcoming Cookie Notice.
- Information that we obtain from third party sources
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources (including from companies that provide marketing lead information), but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
The types of information we collect from third parties include your name and contact information and we use the information we receive from these third parties to provide you with information regarding our products and services, our industry insights and for other direct marketing purposes.
What does CSG use the personal information for?
We use the information collected about you for a variety of reasons, including for the following purposes, as applicable:
- To respond to your requests or provide you with information requested by you.
- To communicate with you about updates to the services.
- To provide, support, personalize, maintain and enhance the services.
- To comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, agreements and policies.
- To prevent, detect, identify, investigate, respond and protect against potential or actual claims, liabilities, prohibited behavior and criminal activity.
- To allow businesses or third-party websites we’re affiliated with, who may sell or provide products or services to you through or in connection with the services (either alone or jointly with us).
- For other business purposes such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our services and to enhance, customize and improve our features, products and services.
- To perform other activities consistent with this Notice.
Personal Information Sharing
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- Affiliated Companies. We may share personal information with companies that are affiliated with us (for example companies that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with us). We may also share information that is collected between websites that we, or our affiliates, control.
- Service Providers. We may share your personal information with companies that perform services for us, such as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mails, analyzing customer data, providing marketing assistance, investigating fraudulent activity, conducting customer surveys, and providing customer service.
- Behavioral Advertisers. We may permit third party behavioral advertisers to use technology to collect information about your use of our Website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our Website, or on other websites.
- Potential Buyers. We may share your personal information if we sell all, or part, of our business, sell all, or part, of our business assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business acquisition.
- Any other parties to comply with a legal obligation; to protect the legal rights of (or otherwise participate in a legal process pertaining to) our company, our employees, our agents, our clients, and our affiliates, to protect the safety and security of our visitors, or to protect against fraud; or with your consent.
Legal basis for processing personal information (EU/EEA visitors only)
If you are a visitor from the EU/EEA, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
How does CSG keep my personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you live. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country. Specifically, while our Website servers are located in the United States, and our affiliated companies and third-party service providers and partners operate around the work. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
If we transmit personal information across national boundaries, we make reasonable efforts do so in compliance with any national laws that govern the cross-border transfer of information. For example, we have taken several steps to facilitate the transfer of personal information that we receive about residents of the European Union and Switzerland. These include self-certifying under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, the Swiss–U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, and entering into appropriate standard contractual clauses.
Our standard contractual clauses can be provided to EU/EEA residents on request. We have implemented similar appropriate safeguards with our third-party service providers and partners and further details can be provided upon request.
CSG International, CSG Interactive Messaging, Inc., CSG Systems International, Inc, CSG Systems, Inc., Intec Billing, Inc., and CSG Media LLC (collectively, “CSG US”) comply with the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks (collectively, “Privacy Shield”) as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce. CSG US is committed to subjecting all personal information received from the EU/EEA, in reliance on the Privacy Shield, to the Privacy Shield’s applicable principles. You may learn more about the Privacy Shield program here, and view our certification here.
CSG US is responsible for its collection, use, and disclosure of personal information in accordance with the Privacy Shield. CSG US may share personal information with third parties as described in the Personal Information Sharing section above. CSG US will exercise appropriate due diligence in the selection of such third parties and complies with the Privacy Shield principles for all onward transfers of personal information from the EU/EEA, including the onward transfer liability provisions. Regardless of any other provisions in this Notice, CSG US may disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements or as may be otherwise permitted by the Privacy Shield.
You are entitled to access, review, and update your personal information as further described in the Your Data Subject Rights section below.
We encourage anyone with a complaint about our handling of your personal information under Privacy Shield to please contact us at DataPrivacy@csgi.com. If we are unable to satisfactorily resolve your complaint relating to the Privacy Shield, CSG has committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to JAMS, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed our complaint to your satisfaction, please contact or visit here for more information or to file a complaint. The services of JAMs are provided at no cost to you. CSG US is also subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission with respect to the Privacy Shield. In addition, under certain conditions more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may invoke binding arbitration for non-monetary issues when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted. To learn more, please visit here.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your data protection rights (EU/EEA data subjects only, including former CSG employees)
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us by contacting us here.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us here.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us here.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the EU are available here.)
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact our Executive Director of Global Privacy, Lindsay Martin at: DataPrivacy@csgi.com.
Information related to children
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not use the Website or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us personal information, please go to DataPrivacy@csgi.com.
Updates to this privacy notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
For our suppliers
Our suppliers that are personal data processors may access a security breach notification form here.